What information do we collect?
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect some or all of the following Personal Information about our customers:
- name and contact information for patients such as address, email address, social media profile and telephone number
- date of birth or age range, gender and other demographic information
- photograph or video
- ID, username and password
- personal description
- billing information, including health card number, insurance details and credit card information
- information about your medical history, health profile, test results, treatment records and products purchased from us
- photographs or video recordings taken of you
We maintain this information for at least as long as required by law and regulations. When we no longer require this information, we will destroy it in a secure manner.
We use TrueDepth API technologies to create AR effects within the Aesthete Genius iOS app with the sole purpose to provide valuable user features. None of the information collected by the TrueDepth API leaves the user's device and we do not share it with third parties. This data is not stored or processed in any other way. Information provided by the TrueDepth API is only stored on the device for the duration of creating the AR effect within the Aesthete Genius app and once rendered, is then discarded.
What do we do with your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for any or all of the following purposes:
- to provide goods, treatment or other services directly to you or to develop recommendations for a third party to provide treatment to you
- for administrative purposes such as billing and accounting
- booking appointments and sending reminders
- to contact your emergency contact if necessary
- to meet our legal, accounting, regulatory and other obligations
- for research
- to send marketing communications to you, which communications may be tailored to suit your profile and preferences
- to manage any promotions, contests or surveys you may choose to enter or complete
- maintain your records for a loyalty rewards program
- allow you to manage your preferences for goods, services and communications
- to secure access to our website and mobile apps
- for any other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law
In what circumstances may we disclose your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following people, in the following circumstances:
- other people involved in your care or treatment
- service providers whom we retain to perform services on our behalf such as record storage, payment processing and collection, technical support, data analytics or marketing services
- to a purchaser of all or part of our business
- to a governmental entity where required by law such as when billing provincial health plans or insurance plans, reporting infectious diseases or in compliance with a court order
- with your consent
- With respect to any Personal Information that we have collected on an individual, if we share such information with a third party we will ensure that the information is encrypted prior to transmission so that it is not accidentally disclosed during the transmission.
If you have provided your consent to us sharing your Personal Information with other service providers, you may withdraw such consent at any time by notifying us.
Our online resources
We collect certain information automatically when a person visits our website or our social media accounts or uses our mobile applications (collectively, our “Online Resources”). For example, we collect a visitor’s internet protocol address and other related information such as the user’s device and browser types, operating system, pages viewed and average time spent on our Online Resources. We analyze this data in order to better understand our online activity and to improve the operation of our Online Resources.
We use “cookies” technology to download text files to your device so that we can recognize you when you return to our Online Resources and so that we can remember you and your preferences. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie from websites or to not accept certain cookies. Please note, however, that if you decline to accept cookies from our Online Resources, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features contained on our website and other Online Resources.
How can you access your Personal Information held by us?
You have the right to request access to or obtain a copy of your Personal Information being held by us. If you request a copy of your record, we will provide it to you for a reasonable cost. If you want to view your original record, one of our representatives must be present at the time.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the Personal Information that we maintain about you is accurate. If you believe that our information is inaccurate, you can request that it be changed.
How can you contact us if you have a question?
#2100, 144 – 4th Avenue SW
The Ampersand, West Tower
Calgary, AB T2P 3N4